View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I enjoyed trying it and had some really great sounds but it seems to require too much external eq for me and even then it can feedback. I’m going back to UST and SBT!
* Totally understand Aaron...like I said it's not for everybody and their particular application. You have an HD-28 which is highly resonant especially in the lower register combined with a large cavity, so at average solo gig volumes it will require a HPF, a notch filter, phase switch and good eq to dial the M80 in.

** Again, treat it like a dual mic source. Obviously with me having a D-18 mahogany dread I have to deal with some of that too, but not nearly as much due to the mahogany...and I use it for certain venues where I know I'm gonna play more finger style at lower volumes.

*** Rosewood dreads overall whether in studio or on stage seem to require a bit more external tweaking with any source including USTs, but especially when a mic like source is involved. It's the reverby, resonant and natural characteristics of rosewood and physics...you already get a good sound from the videos I've watched, but hey as an alternative for some other things you may do, it's nice that you have an option that you've experimented with.

Thanks for the follow up and input mate!

eric