View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
Thanks Eric!

I didn’t want to give up on my D18 with the M80, so I slotted it in and played around while going through a Beatles Complete Scores book....the pickup was fantastic for a bit of strumming and a mix of fingerpicking through many of the famous tunes. I had the Pro EQ in line and I wasn’t ‘testing’ the pickup, just playing the pages. It is hard work getting a specific clean country blues sound though, so I will work on that!

P.S. Edit: I have been fiddling around with the Baggs M80 through my Boss VE8 - if I hold down 2 buttons, the whole thing becomes an EQ device for each guitar or vocal section. Advantage is I can save different settings, disadvantage is I can only call it the number of a vacant slot and probably need to write it down somewhere! (I have no idea whatsoever what all the other settings I saved when I first got the Boss.) I do prefer seeing a real linear EQ like stereos use to have!

BluesKing777.
I know what you mean about the linear eq, I'm so old school LOL! I just had to close my eyes and dial in string by string and dial by dial...you need a journal for all this stuff!

eric