View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Yo BK,

The M80 has it's own jazzy tone thing goin' on that is very enjoyable and yes the Align would optimize it as demonstrated...Baggs makes such great stuff and so feature friendly imo! I'd rather play fingerstyle on the M80 more than anything other system even tho it's third on my preference of my three systems when gigging; the notes are rounder and punchier imo.

eric

Thanks Eric!

I didn’t want to give up on my D18 with the M80, so I slotted it in and played around while going through a Beatles Complete Scores book....the pickup was fantastic for a bit of strumming and a mix of fingerpicking through many of the famous tunes. I had the Pro EQ in line and I wasn’t ‘testing’ the pickup, just playing the pages. It is hard work getting a specific clean country blues sound though, so I will work on that!

P.S. Edit: I have been fiddling around with the Baggs M80 through my Boss VE8 - if I hold down 2 buttons, the whole thing becomes an EQ device for each guitar or vocal section. Advantage is I can save different settings, disadvantage is I can only call it the number of a vacant slot and probably need to write it down somewhere! (I have no idea whatsoever what all the other settings I saved when I first got the Boss.) I do prefer seeing a real linear EQ like stereos use to have!

BluesKing777.

Last edited by BluesKing777; 08-04-2018 at 07:16 PM.