View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
Btw; are there any 3-channel PA without bluetooth and/or battery in the price range between 3-400euro that have better sound than those "portable" ones listed in this thread?

Bluetooh would be nice to have, but not sure if I need batttery.
Honestly something that sounds good with two vocals needs usually biamped 2-way. Given your budget and the fact we pay bigger money for imported gear in Europe. It is really tough.

The best bang for the buck I can think of is CP8 + splitter cable. But you will have no EQ control and no separate volume setting on vocals. Ask JonFields45. It is already 435€ + cable.

For me you have to find a 2nd hand acus/sr tech/EAE.

Problem is:
* single speaker wide range stuff (ex:Most entry level acoustic amps) don’t sound good on vocals... so 2 vocals will be worse.
* you usually need an 8 inch if you have a male voice to render a nice low end or a high-pass filter to just get rid of it. Most amps don’t provide those with this kind of money. (Note that smaller speakers can sound great when they are many and in a closed box... like the AH4X4. But the Laney does not try to sound bigger than what it is... unlike most acoustic amps that use bass reflex to have hyped low end, when using 5 or 6 inch speakers the bass reflex can be tuned to frequency high enough to fart with some male voice... therefore the need for a high pass filter)
* there are cheap Chinese copy of everything... But it will probably not sound as good and be reliable.

How loud do you want to be?
What is the size of the typical room you want to play in?

If you send me a recording, I can record a comparison JBL eon one compact vs AH4x4 with/without sub with your two vocals and guitar.
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 07-02-2020 at 12:04 AM.