View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmct View Post
When I think Breedlove now, I don't think boutique, higher end guitar. I think good quality imported mass market guitars. They make more affordable guitars that many people like a lot. IMO, they are undoubtedly a lesser brand than they were.
Ok that is your opinion
Didn't we already go through this in the other thread ?

Quote:
Yamaha makes expensive higher end guitars. But IMO, few people think of those when they think of the brand. They think the excellent value low end acoustics you see in every music store.
Ok perhaps with so with Yamaha but of course that is irrelevant, because Yamaha is not Breedlove, nore vise versa . That notion is falling into a typical "association fallacy" type argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburg325 View Post
I've owned several American Breedloves, starting in the 90s. I loved them, and still do. Their higher end models, while being excellent instruments, suffer, I believe, from the perception that Breedlove is now much more of a lower-end guitar company. You can't be a Lexus and Toyota at the same time. Breedlove elected to go the mass-market Toyota route, hurting the value perceptions of their "Lexus" guitars.
"Suffer" is a vague and ambiguous term. (have Breedloves sales of US made guitars gone down ?) And "suffer" is only your opinion. I have one Breedlove Masterclass and it does not seem to suffer at all. I guess I am at a loss to understand why someone would think their perception is automatically a general one.

And in point of fact the company can and is a Lexus and Toyota at the same . The analogy is pretty funny given that the Lexus division of Toyota is the largest selling "premium" vehicle produced in Japan

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4