View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Hey SJ. Everyone should have the absolute best instrument they can beg, borrow, steal or pay for!
The better your guitar, the more it will call you to come and play. The more you come and play the better you will get. The better you get, the more your guitar will call you, and on and on!
I often tell people that with my John Kinnaird instruments even my mistakes sound better! Haha. Good thing as there are plenty of em...
Cool that your bookcase is involved, too.
Have fun!
Nice work gang!!!

Paul
I strongly second Paul on this!! I tell people I plan to spend the rest of my life trying to play into what my excellent instruments can do. And I pretty much know it's an unrealistic goal!

I started playing guitar later in life after having played multiple other instruments. My ear is always going to be way ahead of my abilities. But there is something about playing a wonderfully made guitar that is special- the feel of a great guitar is so cool and does keep me coming back and makes me a better player.

Paul is an excellent musician- I was blessed to watch him and listen to him a few weeks ago. I loved listening to him. But one of my favorite things was watching him pick up one of his Kinnairds and just strum it once, slowly, and feel the vibration and listen to the tone. And then just get this huge grin! He loves the feel and the sound of his great guitars!

All of us on the forum can strum across the strings one time, slowly. Even those of us who are just picking up the guitar and are wondering if our fingers will ever stop hurting. And to get a tone that we can feel as the guitar vibrates and that makes us smile, (whatever level guitar we can afford), is one of the gifts of playing a guitar vs some of the other brass and woodwind instruments I played when I was younger.

That said.... I do sometimes feel bad for my wonderful guitars that they're stuck with me instead of a Julliard trained guitarist who could really show them off. But I'm finding that one of the gifts of playing great guitars is excellent musicians want to play them. So I get together with brilliant players and I get to make music with gifted musicians and my guitars get to show off what they can do while I listen. And then I get invited back! (I totally know it's because of the guitars, and I'm OK with that!)

Congratulations on this beauty! I look forward to hearing the beautiful music you'll make with this gorgeous guitar in your hands!

beth