View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
It probably won't be able to see any firewire devices while running under parallels. I wonder if it'd work with USB tho... hrrrm!
Anybody know the answer to the Firewire part of this question?
I did just order my iMac and one option I'm seriously considering is running Audition under VMWare Fusion or Parallels, but it needs to place nice with my Firewire audio interface. I talked to Apple about it and they claim it should be fine, but you never know how knowledgeable the person on the phone really is.

Short of that, my plan is to use Logic Express for recording and basic mixing, then do any post-production audio cleanup on the PC with Audition, which has just such excellent tools (e.g. spectral editing, the healing tool). The Mac and the PC will be on the same network so I can use Audition to work on the file in-place on the Mac. Did a quick experiment today using my Macbook Pro and it worked quite smoothly.

But obviously running Audition under Parallels or Fusion seems more straightforward........anyone done it?

Doerr Artist custom Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F10C Cedar/Mahogany
Lowden F35C Sinker/Tasmanian blackwood
Paragon MJ Sitka/Maple
Paragon MJ custom Carpathian/Malaysian blackwood
Brunner custom travel guitar

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
- John Cage