View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 PM

Hey Guys! THANK YOU for all this great feedback! You inspired us to get a membership to participate in this forum (and soon become a marketplace sponsor) so I can help in any way with issues or questions you may have, feel free to message me here or through our website! I am happy @JefferyAK is a proud new owner of an S-12, I always look forward to hearing what compositions and styles come out of new artists.

Its too bad about the lacquer checking on Tom's, but lacquer is prone to do that. I'll personally deal with that more seriously when shipping in the cold months on future sales, as well as the consistency of the finish since this is one of the jobs I do. I am considering switching to a Poly to avoid the cold checking but am still testing its application and tonal characteristics (any feedback??). We can do a "perfect" high gloss lacquer grain-filled finish, or glossy catalyzed Poly, more like those of Noble, Doolin, Wingert and Karol if our customers request it, however its significantly more time consuming and expensive.

As for pickups, we are currently producing our own 3 element contact pickup system for our harp guitars. They have great volume because of the larger elements and I have a good method for installing them in our instruments to achieve the best balance across the long spanning saddles. Teddy is a friend and we still have some of his "Dazzo's" around to install them upon request. I was honored to read Doug Young's comments here about our harp guitar at Gryphon's, as I have followed his pickup reviews for years now, he still has the best sound sample comparisons for acoustic pickups on the net. We'll be seeing him this Sept. in Santa Barbara at SBAIC hopefully.

Also, we do have a hard case option for most all of our builds should you want one later. We developed a contoured form fitted plywood case last year but are going to be switching it to an exact fit "rectangle-ish" shape from now on for better stability and ease of production. Thanks again for the great feedback, it has always been our goal to get an affordable, quality, hand made harp guitar into the hands of anyone who wants one, and now you guys helped make it better!!

~Dave
Tonedevil Guitars