View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKW-HTX View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll cut out the wah, reverb, and blues driver. I'll get the DD20 or Flashback x4 after some research and I'll get a VP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimBrent View Post

I'd drop the reverb because of the nature of the acoustic. It's a natural reverb chamber.
I humbly disagree with cutting the reverb unless you use the Delay to emulate Reverb or the PA is adding the effect. Reverb is more about creating perception of space/depth in the sound and listening environment more so than the guitar's acoustic qualities (which it does somewhat). A guitar with a very good pickup, reproducing the body's "aire", can still sound flat and lifeless in the performance environment.

Speaking of using Delay to emulate Reverb, the Delay effect even used softly can create a sharp "reflection" that is out of place or even sound off beat, especially when strumming. For that reason I prefer not to use Delay except for solo effects. In my experience, Delay works well by adding even more space between guitar parts, perception of sustain, or creating artistic effects for solo guitar.

To me Reverb is the effect that completes a good performance sound. EQ provides the tonal spectrum and Reverb creates the space.