View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the info, I ordered and it shows the high/low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipguitar_pro View Post
Bill, Ill give it to you straight...

The humidity outside of your house is irrelevant unless you store your guitars outside, which I assume you are not. Go to your local drug store, buy 2 digital hygrometers (One to check the humidity and one to verify its accurate) and check the humidity where you store your guitars. After 24 hours it should give you a high and a low reading and hopefully you end up around 47-50% give or take 5%. If you are outside of that range then make adjustments such as getting a humidifier or dehumidifier. Keep in mind that some people will say things like "I never bothered and my guitars are fine..." Well that is great but all that means is they rolled the dice and won. This is the time of year that low humidity damage is common and guitar techs and luthiers get backed up with repairs and setups.

With all that being said I just looked up the weather in North Louisiana and it's 41 degrees. You mentioned that your house has central air/heating so I can pretty much guarantee that your humidity is on the low side.

Sorry to hear the crack in your Guild