View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindibona1 View Post
I know one can record audio and video separately and sync and merge them in a video editor. But if I could get away with something simpler it I could avoid all the intermediate steps of synchronization. So I was thinking...

WHAT IF... I took one or two of my external mics (I have 2 AKG P170s', 1 AKG P420... and also a Shure SM58) plugged them into my M-Audio M-Track inteface, then took a stereo mini plug from the headphones out jack into the mini jack port of the iPad?

Would that have a possiblity of working to record audio from the external mics while recording video?

I recognize I need phantom power for the mics, but could plug the interface into another computer or a powered USB hub (which at this moment is connected to a computer- and could possibly simultaneously record audio separately.

Would that work?
I think The mini jack on the iPad is an output only (not an input) jack. So I don't think that will work

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4