View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBW View Post
I play electric for my lessons (my instructor has 35 electric guitars and two acoustics) and have found that it is much easier to play barre chords on electric versus acoustic. It's much easier to play barre chords on an acoustic when it's set up for a lower action, however. Still not as easy as with an electric though. Maybe try going to a shallower acoustic body (000 or OM) or try a classical positioning. Or adjust your strap to make the guitar sit higher (I don't wear a strap when seated but some do).
It's not really the action that's bothering me, it's the ability to get my hand in the right position when playing the acoustic. I've had my acoustic given a good setup and it plays sweetly with a low action and no buzz, but contorting my hand while playing the acoustic is much more difficult than it is when I am playing the electric...

That said, thank you for your advice and I will certainly look at the classical positioning. I don't use a strap, but maybe I need to. My acoustics are Grand Auditorium and dreadnaught sized.
2022 Guild F512E - Maple