View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 07:12 PM

Well, I think it's done. The bad news is that while I was buffing it I split the side. It's not too bad though. The side braces are doing their job and have kept it from spreading. I'll need to cleat it though.

What's worse is that I strung it up backwards. I got real bad nerves today! I'll be bringing it with me to the McJam but I know that it is what it is: a student work.

BTW, looking at how dark the rosewood got under the polish and how pale the Carpathian still is I remember one of Tim McKnight's builds that really spoke to me. It's on page 3 in the gallery section of their website. It was called the "Nashville Knights" and it had Macassar ebony back and sides with a Carpathian top.

FWIW this one is light as a feather and has a nice thrum when I tap the top. Fingers crossed on it not imploding with I string it up with light gauge strings. I also plan to use the Tone Rite that they donated to me years ago.