View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschwart View Post
The key question here is, what about the main mix? If your guitar is audible to the congregation, but not in the monitor mix, it's a problem with the way the techs are routing the signals. The main faders should control the main mix, and there should be "aux" send controls that allow them to send a separate mix (or more than one) to the monitor system. If the guitar is not audible in either mix, it may be because of how you are plugged in to the mixer or because of how they have the input gain set on your channel. We need to know how all of that sorts out before we can say whether or not a preamp/DI would make any difference.

Louis
The first week I practiced with team I shared a monitor with another guitar player using a splitter. He could hear his guitar as well as I but I couldn't hear mine. I will definitely be exploring possible causes/solutions as I learn how things are set up. Dumb question. I know sound hole covers are to help prevent feedback. I'm wondering if I have mine in my guitar if it would help to hear my guitar through the in ear monitor.