Thread: HG electronics
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 05:24 PM

Default LR Baggs Info - BIG DAWG

Big Dawg! Hope you're well mate. I recently picked up a fanned fret Synergy X 20 from Emerald. AMAZING machine. The pickup took me a little while to get my head around, but once you spent a few hours alone, phone and TV off, plug in to whatever you use and just spent a little time blending, it's pretty simple. Very sensitive, very tonally versatile and dead easy to access. Nifty orange light too. Mono and stereo functions, they'll give you a little plastic screwdriver type gadget to alter various frequencies if you want, but in all honesty, I've left that alone and just spent time enjoying the pure sound of the Harp, then gradually started playing about with the pickup. The main thing I've found is to remember that the two wheels are not both volume. it's volume and mix. Try just setting the mix in the centre and getting used to the sound, adjust a little either way clockwise/anti clockwise and see how the sound of each set of strings drops in and out/lifts up and down. Really doesn't take long. Plus if you need any extra guidance, the Emerald guys really can't do enough to help you, top notch customer service doesn't do them enough justice (y)

Let me know if you'd like anymore info, will help if I can!

Cheers matey

Tommy

www.tommyloose.co.uk

PS - here it is in action, but not using the pickups - https://www.facebook.com/skeetw/vide...type=3&theater