View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Congrats on another beautiful guitar, Steve--I look forward to seeing your videos with it.
Thanks – working on a couple of pieces and will have them up next month I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
Congratulations on what I am sure is a beautiful guitar.
Thanks – it is; you must be close to getting yours? Well before Christmas I hope?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
May you continue to enjoy it enough to keep on dallying in the high tension world of steel string acoustic guitars.
Yes – it’s kept me away from its nylon brethren and has had me A-B-C ing it with my Sands and Claxton repeatedly. It is a phenomenal instrument, but quite different to the Claxton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland Bill View Post
All good things come to those who wait Steve
Thanks Tony. I know what you are thinking but this is sooooo different to the one you played a few years back. Would be great to see what you think if we can hook up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
As Rick Blaine said to Louis Renault “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship”.
I think so also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallywag View Post
Very happy for you!
Thanks! How is yours bearing up? You had two honeymoons to cope with: guitar + a real one. I really do notice what you said about the sonic “swell” that follows a picked note. For me, that’s a hallmark of a really well made luthier instrument, but, even then, I’m hearing it perhaps more on this Taran than any other guitar – the notes are just so thick and meaty, and throughout the whole audible spectrum also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
Your description of this guitar is much more familiar to me, and mine is from 2017 (‘The Taran’ 100th Instrument), and therefore pre compression bracing.
Indeed. I’ve spoken a lot to Rory about why these sound so different to his earlier work. I know the back is now much freer to vibrate than previously, and the sides are waaaaaay stiffer, but I suspect it’s mainly because the top is far less arched than the Sobell type radius of a few years back (indeed Stefan is now building “flat-top” guitars himself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPhil View Post
I'm so pleased this worked on well for you.
Thanks so much Phil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
That's gorgeous... congratulations!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
Outstanding Steve. What a great guitar.
And thank you!

Cheers,
Steve