View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 07:34 AM

Hi folks, I am new here to the forum and this looked like as good an introduction spot as any.
Started at 11 (that was around 35 years ago) 1 year of actual lessons that i cant even remember except for the once a week bottle of cream soda

I dont want to steal chris's(cpmusics) line but perhaps if i could borrow it.
Perpetual Intermediate has a nice ring to it and Chris,it kinda fits
Ive had my share of ups and downs on this roler coast ride we call life including losing all equipment to thieves.
Financial strife which caused sale of equipment
Injury which kept me from playing for awhile(that ones really tough because your guitar is just sitting there staring at you saying,Well!!!! )
Ive done some of my own writing in what i would class a folk/rock fingerstyle genre along with some ballad type stuff etc.
The more i know the more i realize its all about fundamentals.
So in order to take 2 steps forward i have decided to take 3 steps backwards.It is time to devour theory,relearn notation and become familiar to the point of intimacy with the fretboard.
Current equipment:
Ibanez AE-18-FT
Fender Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider 30 (a very nice piece of equipment for home work and intimate to small venue's ,i highly reccomend taking a peek at one )
Crate 2-12 40W that takes up space but has 2 speakers in a cab which is why i keep it
A few effects
Fostex x 18 -4 track recorder
Yamaha Keyboard/synth (for fills and thrills)

Wants-This would require far too much bandwidth LOL

It looks like you folks have a nice forum here,I hope you dont mind another Brain to feed