View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

It all boils down to what you use your case for - if its just to lean the guitar in the corner and keep the cat from scratching it up, a cardboard box will do. Some people like extremely light weight cases so they can easily carry their guitar around, some like extreme protection from banging and dropping, some need a tightly closed environment to control temp and humidity, some like lots of extra room to store accessories. Every case offers some degree of each of these, and the prices are all over the board. Many really good cases are more expensive than some people are willing to pay for a guitar. And a really good case that doesn’t fit the guitar really well can be worse than a cheaper case that fits it perfectly -

I have some Ameritage cases That came with my Santa Cruz - very nice, but incredibly heavy. My favorite case is Visesnut - incredibly light, holds a variety of guitar shapes very securely, and incredibly strong, but almost zero storage space - tuner and capo is about it - and not cheap. A couple of my old guitars are still in original cases, which still work fine, but are pretty bad compared to almost all newer cases -

Lots of good options out there if you think you need a better case -