View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 06:17 AM
Charter Member

Forget the sissy guitars and really wimp out as I have been doing recently.

I purchased an American Showcase Fender Telecaster and Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb amplifier. My setup is completed with a Boss RC-500 looper and Boss GT-1000 Core effects pedal. For me, the looper is for instant recording of myself and then playback instead of having to fiddle around with a recorder and the GT-1000 Core provides nearly every pedal that Boss (Roland) makes in a convenient small package. It has great effects for acoustic as well as all that other stuff for rockers.

This guitar is incredibly easy to play and sounds quite good. Of course, we play very different styles, so there is that for consideration. I play chord melody and have discovered more and more jazz players using Telecasters. The open tuning stylings you play may not come across convincingly on a Telecaster. The best way to know is to go to a guitar store and try one.

For my acoustics, I will be watching this thread to see what you come up with as a solution since I pretty much face similar issues. By the way, I am 68 years old.

Tony