View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC5C View Post
That is a lot of top movement, in my opinion. 5/64 to 1/8" action change needs almost 1/10" movement at the bridge, plus you imply you changed the adjusters to their lowest, so add that in, your top to neck angle has changed by perhaps as much as 1/8" at the bridge. Mine don't move that much unless something is broken. I have one that has a non-adjustable solid bridge, and it's action doesn't change enough to notice over a year.
But change it has & I don't see signs of stress, cracks, separation, checking. I changed back to the old bridge today & the action is set to 4/64ths on the bass side at the 12th. There must be about 3/16 of post showing now. On a side note, I'd ordered up some of those Martin monel retro's but they're only wound to 36" and I need probably close to 39" on my D & G the way the tail piece is set up so I didn't put those on. It's not like I've tried a ton of different strings on this guitar but all the others I have gotten were wound to 40 inches. What's up with Martin?