Thread: Aura VT Blend
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 06:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Sounds nice! I don't fully get how this is all that new though? I watched the Martin/Fishman video and they are pushing this as revolutionary but isn't it the same as all previous aura systems where you blend in as much of the image as you want? It seems like all they did was streamline previous on board aura systems from users having 3-4 image options down to the best one. It sounds like the 100% blend is just the spot on the spectrum di for example where most users set the blend (40-50%). It does sound really nice but I would be more inclined to just install a Matrix aftermarket pickup and use the spectrum for more options.

I agree that it can be a bit light on the low end but that seems to be one drawback of imaging/IR. What I tend to do is find the blend spot where my guitar is starting to sound more like a mic, leave it there and then use something like the Baggs Session to add in a bit of warmth/low end. The Fishman images can be a bit bright as well. I do like on the Spectrum how you can go "global" eq that works for eq'ing the pickup and image.
This 2020 incarnation is a high definition version of the Aura imaging. The end result is a better sounding mic image, and the fact that you can dial 0-100% of it is another improvement over the recent versions.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast