View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 02:15 PM

Default Fishman Aura VT Enhance vs LR Baggs Anthem in Martins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I wasn't impressed with the amplified tone of my early 2016 Martin GPC-18E with Aura VT Enhance and I traded-in the guitar toward my Huss & Dalton T-DR. Acoustically, the Martin GPC-18E was stunning and had nice playability but I couldn't hack its rather brittle amplified tone as a standalone system. Likely, rather than its single Neumann KM84 Aura Image, an Aura Image generated using a ribbon mic would have added more warmth to the signal as would external signal-processing. Perhaps, newer renditions of the Aura VT Enhance sound better than what was likely my first generation system?

I think you hit the nail on the head. With one image, you’re limited. With the Aura Plus you can choose from 9 and customize them. I think if someone auditions a guitar with the VT Enhance system, they should also audition the pickup, because it is a one size fits all solution. If you happen to like both, then you’re set for the life of the guitar or system. Or, they should at least give you 3 or 4 options through their website to choose from that can be uploaded via USB / Bluetooth port, or something. They can call it the Aura VT Enhance Plus. :-). I bet it would be a big seller. People could get the ability to change without the holes in the guitar. I’m sure it’s in the works!