View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerscreek View Post
Rounded tips produce a warmer tone than pointed tips for any given pick material that I've ever tried. So I'm guessing you prefer a warmer tone. To get a warmer tone with your preferred size and shape, seek out a pick material that gives that naturally warmer tone.

BlueChip and smooth Primetone picks sound nice and warm to me, and they come in various shapes and thicknesses. Check them out if you haven't already.

There are tons of different picks out there. I'm sure you can find one that gives you the best combo of tone and speed. It might cost you some $$ and time to find it, though. But it'll be worth it.
Hi, large triangles with sharp tips are actually "355" styles. They are pretty rare now and would give a rather then sound - fast attack, fast decay.

346 (depending on mass and bevel, will give a more medium attack, with far more tonal decay.

Blue Chip (frinstance) offer TAD style with more radiused tips which are ideal for mandolin (all that vibrato (is that the right word?) They just add an "-R" on the end.

If there is anyone out there as nerdy as me, have a look at the dandreausa.com website.