View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
The more I play this amp the more impressed I am... but I agree with you on the Phantom power. Why not give us 48V?
I'm not even sure which usual suspect live mics run at 12V. I called Ear Trumpet Labs because I was researching Schertler amps which give you 24V. They seemed to think 24V would be fine for Ear Trumpet mics but not 12V. They mentioned there are like $30 phantom power adapters available, but that's still on the funky side for an amp that's this much of a beast. Acus gives you the full 48V.

So I have a few decisions to make cause I'd like another input for a guest star. Obviously, Mesa has made the decision to make their first acoustic offering ideal for one player ... as opposed to serving double duty as a small PA. Of course if it's an acoustic (non singing) duo, you're covered.

As for the decision to run Class D vs Class A, well, although Class A should be theoretically "superior," you can throw out theory with this one cause I can't quite imagine "better" at least for one acoustic guitar.

Regarding all the EQ options, well sometimes you have to swallow your pride and get someone who's an EQ savant to dial it in for you if that's not your strong suit - and it's not mine. That's what I would do. The guy at the shop was pretty good at it. What I heard was something akin to a really great channel strip in that trying different settings is forgiving, it gives you different flavors of great sounds as opposed to looking for one sweet spot. Like the one sweet spot I couldn't find on the Boss even with a guitar that costs 4 times as much with the same pickup system.