View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman View Post
This thread motivated me to pitch the use of a tablet to my weekly jam group. Some members of the group were interested and others were skeptical. I decided to plunge ahead so I purchased and downloaded two apps: Songbook and Songbook Chord Pro. My first question is simple enough: are these the same app with one being an update of the other or are the two totally unrelatred? Second question is more complex: how do I go about saving a song to my iPad? I'm able to search for and find songs with tabs and lyrics so they show on my screen, but so far I've been unable to save what I see on my screen unless I enter a URL for that song. What am I missing? I've gone to YouTube and watched several demos and tutorials. Maybe I'm not looking at one that is suitable for the technology challenged because I reach information overload rather quickly, but I'm not having much success using either app. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has worked his/her way through this maze. Thanks. Larry
I am using Songbook Chordpro on an iPad 2.

The app uses a format called 'Chordpro' - the explanation is here:
https://linkesoft.com/songbook/chordproformat.html
This site shows you all the typed commands for the format and what they do.
You can work in Word, save as a .txt file and go from there. Link your iPad to a Dropbox account through the app and drop in .txt files from your computer which can convert to Chordpro. Easy, and all your tunes are backed up in your Dropbox. Also they can be shared with other musicians in this way.

Here's a visual guide I cooked up:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Let me know if this is helpful or if there is something else I can add to make it clearer.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
La Michoacana Classical (my Dad's guitar)
Beat to heck Seagull S6
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Fender CD 60 dread that lives in Greece
Harmonicas in a Farmer rack