View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGWelch View Post
Just curious, was it a new or used model they had in the store? And what were they selling it for? I don't know when they quit making them, but I don't think it was all that long ago. I suspect it was because they ran out of stock on the rosewood. There may still be some available lingering around in some stores somewhere, but imagine there are very few.

I would second the opinion that the MPA66 is worth looking at if you find one of those. I have the Yairi FYM66HD and it's superb. The reason I got the MPA70 instead of the MPA66 was because I already had the Yairi and wanted something with a different tone. But if I had to only keep one, it would be the Yairi...which is a nicer guitar, but cost over $2k.
It was a used model in "mint" condition for $725 plus shipping. I've looked around and couldn't find any on Reverb (except in Germany). I am going to purchase an Eastman E20P that has a repaired crack from the bridge. I has been cleated and looks really good besides that for a very reasonable price.