View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM

My set-up and recording chain is very basic and inexpensive.

What recording signal chains are you currently playing through at home? mic>Yamaha MG124c mixer>Boss BR864 digital recorder. I monitor with AKGK240s headphones and mix over a home stereo system while A/B'ing against a commercial CD that I like for a reference.

What's your studio/recording space like? Carpet floor, wood ceiling, sheet rock walls...some furniture, but very sparse.

What are your goals for recording your acoustic music? For fun, sharing with family and friends.

What kind of music do you like to play/record? Singer/songwriter type stuff usually multi-tracked with various instruments.

Is your studio space treated? How? None

What's in your mic locker? 2 - EV767, 1 - Rode NT1-A, and 1- EV367s. The EV767 mics were for live performing, but work nicely for my home environment due to the off-axis rejection of the super cardioid pattern.

Computer-based or standalone recorder? Stand alone BR864. I tried computer based but feel more comfortable with real knobs, sliders and switches.

Favorite mic pattern/placement for recording acoustic guitar? Spaced pair.

New gear you have your eye on? Eventually I will probably get room treatment and better mics, but I'm having fun with what I have now.

How has home recording evolved for you? I started with a Tascam Porta 02 cassette 4-track with an SM57 and SM58. I learned how to bounce tracks and mix on that set-up. My current set up has much cleaner sound and can stack up to 64 tracks, so there is plenty of room for multi-tracking!
[IMG][/IMG]

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)