View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Out of curiosity, how would you compare it to the X30 you just parted with in this regard? I recall some comments from Byudazi in his X30 review video, but I don't recall a conclusion. I thought the X20 sounded quite woody when I had one, but it seemed the X30 was warmer/deeper yet...
Ray, it's hard to describe so I'll try it like this. The X20 to me sounds like a dreadnought. It's smaller in size than my Gibson dread but almost as loud. The X30 has a totally different sound than the X20. I can't really compare it to anything that I've ever played. To my ears, and at least for the Emeralds I have/had, the X20 sounds more like a wooden guitar than the X30. I would have to put the X30 in a league of its own. It has huge bottom end that goes through the players body to make an awesome playing experience. The top strings don't thump like the X20, but the overall guitar does, if that makes any sense. I miss the X30 . There's features on each that I like over the other but I will give a slight edge to the X30 if I could only have one, just for that player experience.