View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
...eh? I though you were going for an "Olson" flavor, which would also take you a long way from the Greenfield - i.e. a cedar top.

Did you play Jason's MD - German over Madrose; I loved it. Your proposed guitar sounds very similar.

I know what you mean about wanting something "different". As you know, I love Sobells and eventually ended up with two stellar examples. It didn't take me long to realise that if I sold one, I could have something else that was just as good, but different.

I played two great Bowns the other week - my OMX and a ziricote OM. The ultimate would have been a blend of the two, but that just doesn't happen IMHO. If you want a "big guitar" sound you need to buy a big guitar; ditto "little guitar". Your Greenfield and a big ol' MD will be a fab combo, and very complimentary. Same for Jonny and his MD - big, like his MS sig, but a very different sound indeed.

I can't wait to hear all these great instruments.

Cheers,
Steve
mmmmm, the Olson tone - I may just give in & keep my eye open for a well loved old one (unless you want someone to babysit your Traugott).
I did indeed play Jasons own MD & the Madagascar Rosewood for mine is the sister set, so they should sound pretty close.
Anyroad up, this is your build thread & I like others am looking forward to it developing into a 'monster'.

Cheers
Vic