View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:07 PM

Default SOLD LOwden O 40th

Another amazing Lowden from my collection. It’s a 40th anniversary O-35x in Brazilian and Redwood. This is guitar number 9 and includes a photo journal of the guitar being built. George was directly involved with this build based on all the pictures of him working on this guitar. This guitar is the best of the best. It was purchased new from Guitar Gallery in 2014 for $14,500 and would be over 17 grand if you ordered something comparable . It has some of the best Brazilian rosewood I have seen on any guitar. George will tell you it’s hard to find Brazilian like this anymore.
You can also hear this guitar on Al petteway’s late CD “A collectors passion”.
Its used on 3 different tracks which should tell you what Al thought of this guitar. You can hear this on his web site or stream it on spotify. Tracks 7 chesapeake,18 north country moor and track 20 sligo creek. I will include a copy of the CD with the guitar.

I have a short video clip of Al Petteway playing this guitar during the recording session of his cd.
This is recorded with a standard video cam so no effects or mic's. But a good representation of the tone of this baby

https://youtu.be/ALtWKBgG1Vg

The tone and playability of this guitar is as good as its looks. AAAAA Brazilian back and sides on this baby. Stunning!!! The redwood top is amazing. The guitar is very open, lots of overtones, on the brighter side which make the trebles just ring and ring and sustain. The setup is prefect and every string is responsive. No buzzing in either standard or alternate tunings. Whether you’re a collector or player, this guitar will fulfill your every desire. The guitar is in excellent condition but not mint. I see a small indent near the bridge, a few marks on the neck and a small mark on the back of the headstock probably from my tuner. An easy 9.2 out of 10. Comes with original Hixcox hard case.
Selling for $11000 plus shipping and any fees and that's a steal for this quality of a guitar.

Price reduced to $10500 plus shipping and fees

Last edited by jazzbobh; 08-23-2020 at 01:43 PM.