View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertler View Post
Guitarplayer_PR and Paleolith54, hi there!
Sorry for such a point-blank comments, it is all about my personal experience and ear......
I do hear this first time that piezos may sound great on steel-string acoustics, if so then you are lucky avoiding a long way of searching and experimentation that I was forced to enter in few years back.
Actually, I am thankful to piezo for encouraging me to searching and finding the true and beautiful acoustics' sound which I am now able to hear out of loudspeakers...

Don't need to be sorry. This is an opinion-based thread. In fact, many piezos sound really bad TBH. And EVERYONE knows that an external mic condenser would produce the most authentic tone, for the simple reason that it picks the sound just like we hear it. And internal mic's (my Taylor has an LR Baggs Anthem, so I can relate to that) are great, but they have their limitations. And using the same mic condenser we usually use at a studio recording is totally useless most of the time when playing live. That's why many people use a combination of sources (many of them include piezos, since they pick up the lower registers better than many mics).

The big advantage of piezos, especially UST's. IMO, is that they are friendlier to DIs, preamps and even internal mics than many other types of amplification. And, through a good PA, they sound delightfully "acoustic."
-2020 Gibson Les Paul Special
-2019 Gibson Les Paul Studio
-2021 Fender Aerodyne Special Telecaster
-2022 Fender Telecaster 50s (Vintera)
-1994 Fender Telecaster Deluxe 70 (Vintera)
-Sire V5 5-string