View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
It does work for me, but then I'm really cheap!!!

What's being shot:

https://youtu.be/bjlCpOVNH7U
Exactly! I was testing out a mirror just like that this morning, and also my phone camera, in "fisheye" selfie mode (to see the back of the camera--not to film myself that way). I don't have any stands, tripods, brackets or holders of any kind yet, so I was just holding the mirror / phone, trying to imagine what the view would be like a couple of feet beyond arm's length.

One idea that I am considering is buying an inspection mirror (which is what I discovered they are called). It's a small, swivelling mirror on the end of a telescoping handle. I could use that to peak around the back of the video camera without moving from my playing position.

Similarly, instead of a mirror on a stick, I could get a selfie stick and put my phone on it, in the fisheye selfie mode.

I also have a spare computer monitor around, so I could hook up a cable from the Zoom Q3HD's HDMI out to the monitor, but then the monitor would become part of the whole recording thing--yet another thing to plug into the wall. I started out with the idea of just the Q3HD and me, so nothing plugged in at all, then I added the mixer for the microphone, and portability and spontaneity go out the door.

Nice guitar, video, and playing, by the way!