Thread: Re: Waiting
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

Yesterday was a good day.

I have been working on the recuperation: I am now walking two miles a day (mostly with the cane), riding a bicycle, and have been taking the scoot on short rides. Well, the first scooter ride was like my first time driving: I didn't tell anyone I was going to do it (and by that, I mean: the Blonde), I just rolled it out and went for a short ride. I can't tell you how good that felt... for my physical and mental well-being.

I tend towards a wandering spirit, and was feeling like my summer was slipping away. Joan wanted to stay home, in case I had any "hip issues." A follow-up visit to the surgeon's office on Thursday, where his nurse practitioner was impressed with my progress, was helpful for my side of the "travel negotiations."

I made some reservations, and we are making plans for some RVing north in a few weeks. And, taking the scoots along (a major sticking point in the negotiations)... with assurance from me that we'll just do some easy day-trips on the bikes.

And, yes, making music on a daily basis. Because that is good for the soul. This morning, Joan asked, "So, which Emerald are you going to take with us when we head out?" (Not: which guitar?) Glad she is onboard with some traveling. I would really miss her.

I have a ways to go with my recuperation, but I can see "normal" (that is a relative term, not often used to describe me) on the horizon.