View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
…The problem Apple will have with this new computer is that it freezes many of us out due to price.
Hi jim1060

I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple will have problems selling these computers. I don't perceive Apple is trying to freeze anyone out…

I think they are going after the independent film industry, and video/audio production houses.

Even a moderately priced, well edited corporate video can bring in $5,000 - $7,000 per project, and it wouldn't take many of those to pay for the computer. They are being shot on cameras which cost $35-50K each. Network and Cable produced TV shows, and reality shows have up to $10 million an episode budgets. They wouldn't even blink at a $45,000 computer workstation.

For the rest of us with smaller projects and agendas who need above average power, there is the iMacPro. Souped up to a $10,100 level (18 cores, and 128GB memory, Radeon Pro Vega 64X with 16GB of HBM2 memory) it will likely be capable of similar performance as the base model of the new MacPro.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…