View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Default Model L specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
Hey Tom - good to virtually meet you on here. Or rather, good to meet you virtually on here! Glad you're enjoying the ride. There's much more to come - just struggling to find time to post it all, but the momentum is building!

Have you had any thoughts on the specs on your L?
Thoughts? There is not a single day passing where I don't think about it! It is my first custom order so the excitement is growing - living a bit through your experience currently

Ergonomically, I'll go as well with the wedge and both bevels. I want to make that big guitar as easy to play as possible. Looking forward to get your feedback once you receive your instrument (expected date?). I thought about fan fret as well as I play mostly in open tunings - is it something you've considered?

Regarding woods, I've been extremely impressed by Tom's #15 model (Swiss, Malaysian Blackwood), which was played by Jonny Mosco (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCV0f2d2Wbw) and I'm tempted to go that route.
I'll definitely opt for the Swiss spruce top, but B&S is still up for debate. But likely in the RW family.

Keep these pictures coming, and thanks for these precious information!

Cheers,
Tom