Thread: Mixer Talk
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 08:59 AM

I have the X32 for my mains and a XR12 for my guitar rack.

The X32 is great - I would gladly buy another and give it a solid recommendation. It's small, it's light, and it just plain works. I also let people load the mobile app and control their own monitor mixes, which has made life much easier (and makes soundcheck faster) in several different settings. The ONLY thing that annoys me is that the main levels get reset to 0 when the unit powers up, which can be a pain in the rear if you have a power fail or blip during an event.

The XR12 is a slightly different matter. It has an integrated WiFi router that isn't up to the task. It nearly always works well at setup and soundcheck, then takes a nosedive and refuses to connect when people start to fill the room. This really caught me out the first time it happened, as I had one of my acoustic instruments (mandolin) muted and couldn't get my phone to connect to unmute it. Now I set everything up with external controls so that I don't ever have to rely on being able to change mix or settings during a show.....which sort of defeats the purpose of having a mixer in your onstage rack.