View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmsj21 View Post
I am just jumping into the frey of home recording with the goals of documenting my progress in learning and perhaps in the year ahead recording my daughter (cello) and myself in a duet of some sort.

So I have purchased a Zoom H4 and am interested in downloading it and either editing or adding perhaps a bit of reverb to some of my first attempts. Based upon these simple needs would you suggest either of these two software packages over the other?

BTW I am using a MacBook Pro.

Thanks

Pat Mc
Hi Pat...
CubaseLE has more capability. It has a master mix channel (if I recall correctly), and can record more tracks. Both are fine, but for more complex work, CubaseLE is the way to go.

Both are more straightforward and less cumbersome than GarageBand (I'm a Mac user since 1988). GarageBand is a super simple beginner program and you would outgrow it and/or grow frustrated too quickly.

Either Cubase or Audacity will permit you to add, import, split or otherwise manipulate tracks in a fraction of the time as in GB.

Hope this helps...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…