Thread: For Sale Or Trade: Baranik JX - TRADED
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump for the only Baranik on AGF

Now that Deft's beauty has found a new home, this is the only Baranik for sale on the AGF.

I've been back and forth with a few potential buyers and have had some interesting trade offers, but it's mostly the location/ Covid that's working against us. I'm sure that I will find a buyer or trade offer that will work out soon. Especially as things are starting to open up again here in Europe and shipping is getting much easier again.

That being said, I'm happy to talk about price and also trades. For the right guitar I'd be happy to put a bit of cash in, or also accept a trade plus cash.

At the moment I'm mostly looking for an OM / SJ Grand Auditorium body size from builders such as Froggy Bottom, Santa Cruz, Bourgeois, Goodall etc. However, I could be tempted for the right Lowden or something different completely. Just hit me up. The worst that could happen is that we exchange a few friendly messages...

Also, I re-installed the highlander pickup last weekend. This raised up the action (which was a hair under 2mm at the 12th fret on the Low E and a hair under 1.5mm on the high e) to around 2.3mm and 1.8mm. That crazy low action was amazing for fingerstyle, but now it's possible to see what this guitar can do with a pick. It's also great for strumming and flatpicking too. Far more responsive and easy to get going than a guitar of this size has a right to be, all without being overdriven!

If any one is looking for a modern fingerstyle guitar that can do it all this is the one! Tonally it's a bit brighter and clearer than my Froggy Bottom K or Goodall TROM. It is easier to get going with bare fingers than either of those guitars but still has as much headroom as the TROM and more than the Froggy K- and both of those have Adi tops. Tune it to Dropped D or DADGAD and it really rumbles too!

Last edited by brianlcox; 05-15-2020 at 08:52 AM.