View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 06:46 AM

As a mechanical adjustment, many humbuckers and other pickups have adjustable pole pieces, perhaps adjusting yours can make a difference. Also, many fingerstyle electric guitars (me, for example, sometimes) don't use rest strokes, and don't play with right hand power the way you do with a nylon string guitar. It is a different technique. Let the electronics do some of the work...

Funny story, maybe - I was at a concert with a few of my friends playing. Two were classically trained classical guitarists, with excellent technique for that style of playing. They played un-mic'd, and filled the room with sound easily. My other friend, who is kind of a self-taught fingerstyle jazz guitarist, who played electric archtops for many years but now composes and plays classical, had her classical guitar mic'd and still was quieter than the other two players. Great player, different style with the right hand.