View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 04:32 PM

Default Gibson Advanced Jumbo Amberburst

Before you shoot me for starting a 2nd thread on the Advanced Jumbo in as many days, I've searched the forum for this particular custom shop model and I could not find anything. I'm in the market for a 2nd AJ and in my recent searches online, I've stumbled upon these 'Amberburst' models. Some appear to have maple b/s. Others have that Bhilwara rosewood which from what I can gather doesn't have quite the thump of EI or Braz.

What I want to know is have any of you guitar nerds played one of these? Here is an old Sweetwater link for their limited edition run of these. They all seem to come equipped with a Trance Audio Amulet MTM pickup system which I'm not familiar with.

As stated, I'm in the market for a 2nd AJ and I love this amberburst look but I'm hesitant about the tone because I cannot confirm the back/side wood. Also seeing conflicting info on whether or not the top wood is red spruce (adi) or sitka. Since my primary AJ is sitka, I wouldn't mind having one with red spruce. So many decision, so little answers.

HELP!

My YouTube Grooves