View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realbluesman View Post
I guess my first take on this post is what is "wild Indian Rosewood"???

I hope the "prunes" are not wild!!!
I doubt there's a sonic difference with this "wild" rosewood, but it had an unusual, almost hypnotic pattern on the back of the guitar.

I don't know about the prunes. I stay away from them, actually. I have a genetic condition, and diarrhea runs in my family's jeans.

For those who are upset about me disparaging Taylor or comparing it to an expensive Martin ... I have complimented Taylor guitars in other threads. I played a $5000 V-braced Taylor 900 series that blew my socks off. I love the spruce-topped GS Mini as much as I love my Yamaha parlor that goes for the same price.

Many of the larger Taylor guitars that I have played have a similar sound signature to my Yamaha LL-TA which I think is a great guitar. I don't think the prestige of owning most Taylors would make me any happier.

For me, $800, the quoted price for the Taylor Academy, is a lot of $$. It costs more than I paid for my Yamaha dread, and it just didn't float my boat. If I were blindfolded, I would guess that it was an all laminate guitar. Just my opinion.
Cordoba SM-CE Mini Classical Acoustic
Ibanez Blazer 21 MIJ Stratocaster

2 Yamaha PSR-SX900 keyboards I play professionally
Roland FP-90 digital piano I play for pleasure with piano VSTs.