View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 01:10 PM

I still have some of my components...haven't used them in years, but I really mostly miss the main amp, which was a Marantz, and the 20-band stereo equalizer (I think it was a TEAC). I still have a Sony dual deck cassette player, with about 25 cassettes. I also still have a separate receiver, for FM/AM radio (analog, so annoying to use, nowadays). My favorite speakers were the Boze 201 bookshelf speakers (all I could afford). Those speakers lasted more than 25 years, and were last seen, being used in the back of a taxi, in Nogales, Mexico, ten years ago--weathered, but still working!

My favorite component system is one that my parents acquired, during my teen years. It still is in their home, and it consists of three cabinets, made of teakwood, with a Fisher amplifier, with "fish eye" fine tuner, a Viking reel-to-reel tape player, and a Gerard turntable. There are six speakers in two of the cabinets, and altogether, the dimensions of the system cover 11ft. of wall, while standing about four ft. high, and three ft. deep. The system still works, although it was made in 1964. To my knowledge, it basically only gets played during Christmas season (except for its heavy use, during my teen years!).
Taylor 150E
Taylor Limited Edition 326ce 8-string baritone
Various other instruments