View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjs View Post
I just received two of the new ABS-base HFNs (passive), one of which will shortly be installed in a "cittar" (a guitar-bodied 5 course (10 string) cittern) but I won't be able to report on it until March or April. They were back-ordered for over a month so took awhile getting here. I wasn't aware of the material change...their website tech stuff still says "rosewood for its main structure" (as of today) despite that they're obviously already shipping the revised pickup.

But I have to say I trust Les...if he thinks it's a good change (and I can see potential issues with rosewood in these days of CITES and cross-border shopping) then I'll go along with it. I've had HFN passives in every guitar (and guitar-shaped) instrument since getting my first one in 2010 and have nothing but good things to say about them (other than they do tend to go a bit overboard with the amount of lead wire!). Right now I have no planned use for the 2nd one, just like to have one on hand (and got a good deal on these two).

Phil
Well that date you mentioned is quite far away but I'm still interested in your results. Please keep us all posted.