View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
This might have been addressed already but I still have a B-Band A2.2 (SBT and UST) system that I might put into one of my guitars. My Tonedexter is on its way and I am wondering if anyone knows how the Tonedexter will work with dual source system? Let's say I find a good blend on the pickup and use the Tonedexter.. I assume the results would be fine. However, if I play with the blend later, will that impact the tone or will the wavemap not change much?
We tested a B-Band dual system 2 years ago. Training from either full UST or full SBT worked great. Training from the 50/50 blend position was not as satisfying. YMMV, especially since our algorithm has improved significantly since then.

In general, if you train from one blend spec (position), you'll get the mic's tonal balance by playing back from that same blend spec. However, there absolutely no harm in varying the blend on playback. You'll still get all the resonance richness that the WaveMap has, but it will alter the tonal balance. Might be good, might not. Worth trying for sure.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup