View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farantouri View Post
How did they convert it? And what did it cost? (did you ship it to them?)

They emailed me a shipping label and took care of that cost both ways. They had me remove the board from the chassis and send it to them. I was responsible for packaging.

Only about a dozen screws to remove, real easy to do. Iirc, cost was $150 bucks. Looked to me that the upgrade may included a new board, but perhaps the just swapped some components and made it look new to my untrained eye. The power difference is obvious to hear though.

Mind you, I bought it used so they reached out to me asking if I’d be interested in doing this, and did all this for some random guy who bought a used amp.

The only way I’m aware they would have had my info is from some help they provided to me diagnosing a battery issue some months prior. The original had an SLA battery that shifted in shipping and was causing a buzz I couldn’t figure out. Send them a video and they called it out immediately in response. I took care of that issue and thanked them, then a few months later got an email from them asking if I’d be interested in upgrading.

The upgrade process also included a new lithium battery instead of the old SLA, so between a new battery and double the power I couldn’t pass it up. Service and support from EA has been extraordinary in my experience.