View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Thanks!

Yeah the Tele is really fitting in well. I don’t have a Les Paul type of guitar, but I think the combo of the Sheraton and Tele can get me a lot of lose thick classic rock tones when I need them. Most of my playing is clean to slight breakup, but it is fun to rock out sometimes.

I am learning how amazingly versatile the tele bridge pickup is with the manipulation of the volume and tone controls. So much you can do with that bridge pickup. The bridge pickup on my strat is so shrill and I rarely use it. I think the tone knob makes a huge difference too.
Agree - I get thick, articulate deep bass with both pickups engaged on my tele, with an expansive tonal range up through the trebles - surprising for a solid body electric guitar because it isn’t thin at all - then with the bridge pickup only & using the tone control there is a midrange expansion at certain levels. For those who have wired their SSS Stratocasters with tone control on the bridge, it still isn’t full sounding as the Tele due to the latter’s beefier construction of the pickup encased by the bridge plate - all this is apparent at lower volume levels too.