View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
I feel like I’ve been pretty lucky with all my Electric acquisitions.

I still have my Strat that was my first electric I started with when I was around 12. Fortunately, my parents matched my $150 I’d saved up from mowing lawns and I got a Fender Tex Mex Strat somebody was selling.

My MIK Sheraton and a custom handmade semi hollow were a gift to me by my step dad and a family friend respectively. The Sheraton came equipped with SD Antiquities as a bonus.

My latest is a Player’s Tele that I was able to get new at $125 less than others and in a unique color because of a GC sale for that color. I’m really loving the Tele so far. I would’ve had to get a lower model tele if not for the sale.

I even enjoy my $100 Vox Valvetronix amp that wife got me for Christmas back when we were dating about 8 years ago. I know it’s not much or some fancy tube amp, but coming from the little crappy Crate I started with, it still sounds great to me.

That’s a nice collection of guitars - I can see why a Telecaster fits in well to fill out and cover some additional sonic territory - the Player has good pickups and the 6 steel saddles makes for easy to adjust intonation. I think the old standard Tele had a little hotter ceramic pups stock, but the Player has alnico which should provide a nice balance with a rounder, smoother output, but still with lots of bite on the bridge pickup. Nice colour too, can’t beat the “whiteboard” one piece maple neck! Thanks for sharing.