View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 03:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Congrats on the new model Mark. It is a Hatcher, so we know it will be a success! I like the 100 year old woods for sure!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Tom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonchoFrancisco View Post
It's amazing how light some of the old guitars were. I'll spare you the 'attic Strad' story, but my son came to have a 1927 OO-28 and he had me come over to try it. I expected a certain weight and when I picked it up it almost flew across the room. Light as a feather and except for a a neck reset and new bar-frets, all original. Hard to believe something so lightly built would last so long with only a little care.
The really lightweight, no frills, prewar guitars were fabulous instruments in many ways. I am trying to emulate those instruments, without faking it with this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithon View Post
And that's how it should be!
Thanks, I agree. The voice should stay recognizable but, within a range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
If that's a hard case, what in the world are you using? I've made several cases and 3lb for a case is VERY hard to do. I haven't come close (yet).
Let’s call that 6 lbs total a goal, not a rule. My plan depends on old style joinery and padding layouts. I’ll have more on what I’m doing to make that case.

Thanks for the comments!
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright