View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
If you do add a mixer, you can bypass the preamp sections of the two channels by going to the Monitor In, the EFX return of either channel or the Aux In. (Keep in mind that the SoloAmp's mute button doesn't work for the Aux In signal.)

I'm wondering if you could run three mics and three instruments to a single SA220 if you have something like a TC Helicon VoiceTone to preamp one of the mics and the instruments are all preamped (either onboard or offboard). I'm thinking that you could take the mics to the Channel 1 input, the Channel 2 input and the Monitor In (using the VoiceTone). I'm thinking that you could take the instruments to the Channel 1 EFX return, the Channel 2 EFX return and the Aux In.

I'm going to try an experiment with my own SoloAmp and see what happens when I run a mic to channel 1 and a guitar signal to the EFX return of channel 1.

I'll also try using my VoiceTone preamp to take a mic into Monitor In.
I gave it a try tonight and learned that plugging into a channel's EFX return jack kills the channel's mic input. There may be a way to hack around it (a Y connector, possibly), but I'm hesitant to mess around too much with stuff which I don't understand. I could end up harming the SoloAmp.

On the plus side, using a TC Helicon VoiceTone pedal to take a mic signal to the Monitor In works well. That makes four inputs (including Aux In) which a SoloAmp user could use simultaneously in a pinch.