View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Hi guys,

I dropped Facebook and the internet for entertainment in general. No more Facebook, Messenger, Linkedin, Soundcloud, Youtube, Google News, eBay, Reverb, etc. anymore. I unsubscribed to almost all email subscriptions so no more spam. I use the internet to email friends, check the weather and search for information when I think of something specific I want to look into i.e., the occasional google. 30 mins max a day now. I was wasting way too much time on my phone and it was also leading to stress (news) and a lot of soreness in my neck, arms and hands. It's been about 3 months now and I'm feeling much better.

BUT I still visit the AGF though I did take a 3 month sabbatical. The AGF is one of the few bright spots on the internet.

Has anybody else tried this? It's one of the best moves I've made in years.
I never did have much of an internet footprint. There are three music/guitar related forums I visit, the BBC World News, the Federal Aviation Administration site and a couple aviation and automotive technical forums that round out my internet interests. All are quick visits excepting the music forum, which are the subjective ones out of all of them, eliciting the most time reading and posting. I will occasionally visit archeology and astronomy related sites for new discoveries. Otherwise, being a home and automobile DIY'r, when something needs fixing I'll ferret out the experience and advice of those who've gone before me. I've never had a social media account.